Thursday 17 March 2011

Blog Favourites

Whilst I have only been blogging for a few months, I have been reading beauty blogs for a good couple of years now. When reading other peoples blogs I like to make a note of products I want or those that have received rave reviews....and so the wish list is born.

My wish list is currently a couple of pages long and it's made up of a range of products from shampoo to make up, perfume to tooth whitening products. I have recently made some purchases and ticked a few items off the list, so I wanted to share them here.

Eau Thermale Avene Water Spray £6.50, Boots

I was always really intrigued by the Evian version of this and never got round to purchasing. Then I started to read good reviews of both the Avene and Vichy water sprays. I'm not sure why I chose Avene version, i guess I like the packaging more (yes I am a complete marketing tool!). This is probably the most expensive 'bottle' of water I have ever bought in my life, but I've been amazed at how much I have used this product since purchase. It comes in handy for dampening make up sponges and brushes, calming irritated skin and I have taken to spraying it on my face after cleansing and toning....kind of a second toner if you will.
I think I say this about every product but this will be so handy in the summer, especially on those sticky nights when I have trouble sleeping! After I have used this bottle I think I'll try the Vichy and Evian version, although I can't imagine there will be much difference between them.


Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover £3.05, Boots

I have read numerous reviews on this product (including some very good ones on the Boots website), and with the regular addition of waterproof gel eyeliners to my make up routine, a good eye make up remover is essential. This version by Botanics is pretty inexpensive, and it's proved to be a very good quality eye make up remover. Made with Iceland moss, it is extremely gentle to use and best of all you don't have to scrub your eyes to get the make up off! It is a very lightweight oil which quickly removes all trace of eye make up and doesn't leave a sticky residue behind. Also, since using this product the delicate skin round my eye area feels extremely soft.

Revlon ColorStay in 110 Ivory £12.49, Boots

I bought this after I noticed that Max factor Xperience was oxidising on my face....orange tide marks anyone? A shiny, orange face was too much to cope with so I needed a new foundation pronto. I have used Colorstay for oily skin before and not been that impressed with it, it was very thick and smelt like paint. This product has such fantastic reviews everywhere I thought I would give it another go, I have combination skin so decided this time around I would try the normal/dry skin version to see if it was any better. I like this version a lot more, I think it might have something to do with the fact I have taken to applying my foundation with a make up sponge - something I never used to do before - the formula is long lasting and gives good coverage. The only issue I have is that this shade (the lightest) is still a fraction too dark for me - I am very pale!-so I have to be careful to blend it in well. I wouldn't be adverse to giving the version for oily skin another whirl after I have used this bottle, I think using a sponge to apply my base makes foundation more manageable. 

Sanctuary Salt Scrub Sachet £1.38, Boots

Not much to say on this, I really didn't need another body scrub, I have various pots and tubes to use up, but I'm hoping this will be a cheaper alternative to the ESPA salt scrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment