Monday 14 March 2011

No 7 Gel Liners

I wasn't that tempted by the No7 Spring collection, everything was very pretty but nothing appealed to me. Then I watched this video by Lisa Eldridge:


Aside from loving this make up look, I found myself intrigued by the No7 gel eyeliner she used and decided a trip to Boots was in order. In the video she uses Blue, but I decided to purchase the Black version, as I felt it would come in more useful. The liner cost £10, (sadly the wonderful £5 off vouchers weren't running at the time) which a lot of beauty bloggers have pointed out is quite expensive when you consider the Mac version costs only a few pounds more.

“Fabulous gel eye liners to focus your Bardot Kitten eyed look. Gel formulations are so much easier than liquids because their creamy texture allows for a longer application time…so time to perfect your flick!
In three great shades, black is a total classic, blue is a chic and softer alternative to black and the creamy bright turquoise is just fabulous for making a bold eye statement.”

Lisa Eldridge, No7 make-up artist and creative director




I have often dabbled in liquid eyeliner, with my preferred choice being Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner, but this is the first gel eyeliner I have ever tried. You get 4g of product for your buck, and it comes with a teeny brush, which I initially thought was pretty useful, until I used a proper eyeliner brush. It's very easy to apply, the gel is extremely soft and glides easily onto the lid. I find the gel consistency a lot easier to work with than a straight liquid eyeliner, which I usually consider a bit of a faff to apply. 

What I love most about this eyeliner is the staying power....it stays put ALL day! I generally find other liquid eyeliners flake off by the afternoon and if I decide to wing the eyeliner out, the flick will always vanish. The No7 gel eyeliner stays well and truly put, I have even showered with this on and rubbed my eyes, only to emerge post shower with the eyeliner almost perfectly in tact. That's pretty impressive! 


I was so impressed with the eyeliner I went back to Boots to snap up the Blue version (featured in the tutorial) before the collection disappeared - by this time the £5 vouchers were back in action so I paid a far more satisfying £5 woo! The Blue version makes for a really interesting alternative to black, I do however find the colour is a lot sheerer than the black version, so a couple of layers is required for an even look. 


The eyeliners are out of stock on the website, but I have seen a few lurking around Boots stores. If you're interested I would urge you to get down there asap as the collection ends on the 22nd March. I cannot recommend this eyeliner enough, it's got me wearing 60's style winged eyes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment