Sunday 13 March 2011

Topshop Sandstorm Collection


Sandstorm: Fall for sorbet tones and sun-bleached neons

I really rate make up by Topshop, even if it does lean towards the more expensive side of highstreet cosmetics. The Sandstorm collection, released in mid February combines bright neons with gritty metallics. I love dirty metallic colours, as they generally flatter my green eyes, I made sure to check out the collection in store and walked away with two items.

Tundra


My first purchase was the eyeshadow mousse in Tundra priced at £8.00. The colour is described as a khaki green, but i would describe it more as a dirty grey, it has a silvery-gold shimmer running through it and contains teeny tiny specs of glitter which catch the light beautifully - and I normally despise glitter! The mousse has a light consistency and is very easy to apply - I find fingers are best when using mousse. I was a bit disappointed with the colour pay off,  the product looks really pigmented in the pan, but turns shimmery and sheer on application, I find I really have to build the colour with this product. I was impressed that it lasted an entire day on my lids - and that's with no re application, it didn't crease either so full marks Topshop!

Equinox

My second purchase was the eyeshadow crayon in Equinox costing £8.50. I would describe the colour as a burnished gold, this is very pigmented and applies like a dream. The pencil is thin enough to use under the eyes and thick enough to apply the product to the lids. The consistency is creamy which makes it perfect for creating a smudgy metallic look, but once applied it stays put for a long time!

Zealous - I want!

The Topshop Sandstorm Collection has definitely brought out my inner magpie, I really love the grungy metallic colours in this collection. The other eyeshadow mousse in Glint looks gorgeous, but I just don't need another bronze eyeshadow. I am still debating the nail duo in Zealous £9.00, which doesn't seem to be available on the website, I tested it out in store and the gold colour is beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment