Sunday 12 February 2012

NYC Colour Instinct Palette - Dinner and a Show

NYC Colour Instinct Palette in Dinner and a Show
£2.49 Superdrug

Swatches

This eyeshadow quad (named Dinner and a Show) from NYC is part of the Colour Instinct range. It was purchased in a grab and buy situation from Superdrug a few weeks ago and cost me £2.49. Sadly it's not on the Superdrug website so I'm unsure if that was the permanent price or whether it was on offer. 

I grabbed this mainly because it was so cheap and as a lover of brown and nude shadows it never hurts to have back ups. A tiny amount of navy blue shadow is included in this palette which I think is a bit of an odd colour choice, blue and brown aren't exactly two colours I'd always put together! Instead I think they should have gone with a black or maybe even an olive green eyeshadow, anyway for £2.49 I guess you can't complain.

This palette contains four eyeshadows, due to how they are arranged (which looks very pretty) each eyeshadow differs in size. Having swatched them the colour pay off isn't outstanding....but then being so cheap I wouldn't expect it to be! I was pleasantly surprised with the two lightest shades which are shimmery and do have fairly good pigmentation. The two darker shades are both matte and whilst not amazingly pigmented, they are buildable. I don't think I'll get much wear out of the blue but the brown is a good shade - you can never have too many browns or neutrals!

The staying powder is ok, obviously it had mostly disappeared by the end of the day, but I didn't notice it wearing off quicker than any other eyeshadows I own.

I have never purchased anything from NYC before, it normally sits next to the Miss Sporty stand in what I refer to as the teen make up section of Superdrug. Eyeing the display I did spot a few little gems in the range and I have heard great things about the colour wheel blushers, so perhaps that will be the next purchase. Let me know in the comments if you've ever purchased anything from the NYC range.

1 comment:

  1. Just awarded the Liebster Award

    http://lifethroughanumberoflenses.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete