Tuesday 25 October 2011

No 7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse

No 7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse (Vanilla and Pewter), £9.00, Boots

I feel like I'm always buying new No 7 products because I categorically refuse to let one of their £5 vouchers go to waste. The dinky tubes above are 2 of the Stay Perfect Eye Mousses, Vanilla on the left and Pewter on the right, costing £9 each or £4 with a voucher. 

The tubes are a mere 5g each but the mousse is highly pigmented and you only need a tiny amount for each eye - a little goes a long way! 


Vanilla is a very light pinky colour which I like to use as a base colour, or occasionally to highlight my brow bone, the colour is very flattering and pretty. I bought Pewter as I was looking for a purse friendly alternative to Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Illusoire (love the colour, hate the Chanel price tag), I don't think Pewter is an exact dupe (Illusoire seems more minky in colour) but it's a close enough match for me and is a gorgeous lilac, grey shade which I have been wearing pretty much non stop recently.

I am not a massive fan of the consistency of these products, they seem slightly too chalky to me, I feel Vanilla in particular sits strangely on the skin. Straight out of the tube the mousse is quite stiff however it does blend easily and softens up nicely, although application can be slightly patchy. I have tried using a brush to apply this product, however I find the brush bristles mainly just absorb the mousse so I'd say this product is best applied using your fingers.

The product lasts fairly well on me and the colour is still visible at the end of the day, however because it's a mousse I find it creases quite easily, using a primer might help stop the creasing. 

Overall, I love the colours of these mousses however I'm not completely sold on their consistency or staying power. I do like the slightly shimmery finish to these products and there are some other beautiful colours in the range, see here, Plum, Fudge and Khaki look lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love pewter! Hopefully i'll get another voucher soon ;) x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty! I kind of want Fudge and Plum too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to try these, ive heard fudge is amazing :D

    www.missmathful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete