Tuesday 3 May 2011

Lipstick Tag

Revlon Fire and Ice

I was tagged by Samantha at The Beauty Diaries, I would urge everyone to go and check out her blog as she only uses products which have not been tested on animals. Also, check out this post by Jess from Star Violet which includes a link to a petition you can sign to stop animal testing.

1. When you were a child, did you use your mother's lipsticks?

Yes all the time, I used to love smearing them all around my face, she was pretty good at hiding them though, so if I couldn't get hold of a lipstick I'd spray some of her perfume or have a good root through her jewellery box.

2. How old were you when you bought your first lipstick?

I think I was about 14 and I bought it whilst on holiday in America. It was a L'oreal lipstick - a pinky/brown shade with a creamy, lipglossy type formula. I could be wrong but I think it was called Bubblicious...or something along those lines.

3. Pink or red lipstick?

I'm going to go with red....it's such a classic! Although pink lipstick is very pretty too!

4. The most expensive lipstick you have ever bought?

Bold lipstick frightens me so my lipstick collection is pretty small and limited to drugstore brands. I would definitely like to add a YSL Rouge Volupte to my collection though, so watch this space. If you want to talk expensive then let's talk eyeshadow, that's where most of my money seems to go!

5. And the cheapest?

Probably my 17 Mirror Shine On ones (blog post on them coming soon!) which also happen to be my favourite! Kind of a lip gloss meets lipstick.

6. What's the most bizarre thing you have ever done with a lipstick?

I've taken a bite out of one.....I remember it being very greasy! This was around the age I was playing with my mum's make up. Other than that I've drawn with one and written down a phone message using a lipstick, as I didn't have a pen to hand!

7. If you had to recommend a lipstick, which brand would you recommend and why?

A red Chanel lipstick is a purchase I'd like to make in the future...such a classic. Other than that I love Revlon, especially their retro shades, Fire and Ice is a beautiful shade of red and I am determined to wear Cherries in the Snow out in public one day!!

Thank you to The Beauty Diaries for tagging me! If you want to do this tag then please do I would love to read some responses!! x

2 comments: