Monday 2 May 2011

Bourjois Bronzing Powder



mmm....chocolate!

Swatched (quite heavily) 

'Its subtly iridescent formula enriched with flecks of golds gives a radiant but non shiny glow. Its delicious chocolate perfume and ultra soft texture will make you melt with pleasure!'

Summer sunshine makes me want to break out the bronzer, this Bourjois version has been around for a while so I decided to try it out. I opted for the lighter version (shade 51 - although I think there is a lighter, highlighter powder in the range) as I am as pale as a really pale thing! 

I think the packaging is very sweet, it comes in a cardboard case with the bronzer made to look like squares of chocolate. Seeing as the outer casing is cardboard and the lid is held down by magnets this is perhaps not a product to just chuck in your bag!

Much has been made of the scent of the product, it definitely has a gorgeous smell and to me smells like cocoa butter, mixed with vanilla and the coconutty scent of sun cream (three of my favourite smells!). I only really notice the scent in the pan... I realise it is impossible to smell your own face but the scent is not something I have ever noticed after application.

What I like most about this product is the simplicity of the colour, it is not full of shimmer it's a very straightforward matte bronzer which can be used to contour or bronze....kind of one of those does what it says on the tin type products. The colour  is a lovely bronzed shade which doesn't look too orange or brown on my skin, the powder itself is very fine and light so it is easily buildable. The only downside to the product is the tiny chunks of glitter found in the bronzer, described by Bourjois as 'glints of sunshine'. I am not a fan of glitter as I feel it often cheapens the look of a product, luckily I have only ever noticed the glitter in the pan and this bronzer does not leave my face looking like a big glittery mess. 

This bronzer is priced at £6.99, which although not particularly cheap, is pretty in keeping with Bourjois pricing. I'd say you get a standard amount of product for your money (16.5g) but the colour is pretty pigmented so you only need to use a small bit to achieve a natural effect. Also, I find this colour pretty long lasting, and never bother to reapply throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment