Saturday 5 February 2011

February



I can't quite believe January has come and gone already, it's going to be Spring before we know it. Already I am noticing that the mornings are slightly lighter, and the evenings are growing a smidgen longer.....now we just need some decent sunshine.

I wanted to do a post to reflect on my January goals and establish my new goals for the month of February. Find my January post here.

January progress:

 Perfect the art of natural makeup. I would like to take a more natural approach to my makeup this month rather than always reaching for the black eyeliner.

Throughout January, I definitely perfected the natural make up look...the Urban Decay Naked palette became my new best friend. 
My January make up generally consisted of:
Eyes: Mac's Brule or Urban Decay's Sin on the lid, with UD Naked or Smog blended under the eye.
Cheeks: I either wore nothing or went for Accessorize's Pretty Pink blusher or Mac's Highlight powder in Chez Chez Lame from the Cham-Pale collection.
Lips: Just lip balm.
I really love the natural look, it's soft, pretty and completely work appropriate, this tends to be my go to, everyday makeup look.

 Look into the possibility of running my town’s half marathon....something I’ve always wanted to do but never got round to doing.

I looked into it, and even though the deadline for applications isn't for a while, they have already filled all the places.....boo! This will have to go back on the shelf 'til next year.

Finish reading Eat, Pray, Love. I am really enjoying the book, but the latest issue of Marie Claire/Grazia keeps enticing me away.

I finished this relatively easily, and even made my way through Michael McIntyre's Life and Laughing: My Story, a very funny read.

♡ Try not to spend so much time on the computer (perhaps a little crazy given that I have just started a blog). The internet sucks away such large sections of my time without me even realising, my aim for January is to use the internet constructively rather than spending hours faffing around.

hmmm.....

Moving swiftly onto February, here are my goals:

Read at least two books this month.

Do some baking - can't believe we're into February and I am still yet to bake anything this year.

Go make up free as much as possible.

 Buy a decent pair of jeans - I have been putting this off for so long - dress shopping and jean shopping are two of my most dreaded tasks!

No comments:

Post a Comment