Monday 7 February 2011

Nivea Pure and Natural Milk and Honey Lip Balm

Milk and Honey...mmmm


When I saw this on offer in Superdrug for £1 i thought I'd try it out. Lip balm is a real staple for me during the winter months, there's nothing worse than dry, chapped lips.

The packaging states that it is 100% free from preservatives and contains natural ingredients - organic Shea butter, jojoba oil, honey and milk extracts.....so all good stuff.

I was really attracted to this lip balm because of the flavour (is that what you call it?) - milk and honey.....I love milk and honey scented products....for some reason I always associate them with the Egyptians...milk baths etc, maybe I'm hoping a stick of Nivea lip balm will transform me into Cleopatra?

Sadly, I was really disappointed with the scent of this product, it's nothing special, in fact it smells like honey and lemon Lockets (throat sweets). I hate Lockets and the smell just reminds me of feeling under the weather. I hoped the lip balm would smell like the Palmolive milk and honey products....whose scent I love, but it's nowhere near as nice.

The tube is definitely handy, i much prefer applying lip balm this way, it is a lot more hygienic than dipping your finger into a tub of lip balm. It's also easy to apply and doesn't leave you with a greasy finger tip.

As for the product itself....the consistency is not as greasy as Vaseline and not as thick as Carmex, it moisturises my lips nicely and lasts on the lips for a decent amount of time. 

All in all, I like the handy packaging, the fact it's made with natural ingredients and is preservative free. However, the scent is pretty average, and I probably wouldn't repurchase, not when there's so many other lip balms on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment