Sunday 29 April 2012

Revlon Photoready


Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in Vanilla, £12.99

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this foundation yet, Revlon's PhotoReady is my go-to, everyday foundation and has been for quite some time. First thing's first, this product is reasonably priced at £12.99 for 30 ml, I find a bottle normally lasts a good few months. I also really like that this foundation has a pump dispenser...always good to be hygienic!

I love the consistency of this foundation the thin, runny liquid formula makes application and blending a doddle, it's thin consistency gives an even coverage and doesn't look cakey on the skin which is always a huge bonus! and the natural finish of this foundation is the main reason why I reach for it everyday, it's a perfect everyday foundation for work.

This foundation promises flawless skin, a claim which I think is a slight exaggeration. Whilst it does a great job of eliminating redness and giving an even skin tone, it is only a medium coverage foundation at best and any blemishes will require extra concealing with a thicker product.

Many people dislike the 'glittery' effect of this foundation, I have to say it's something that's never bothered me, the 'sparkly' effect on the skin is only visible in direct sunlight and even then it's not particularly noticeable because the particles of glitter/sparkle are so teeny, tiny. Overall this foundation gives me an even skin tone and radiant looking skin so I can't really complain that much!

I buy this foundation in the (lightest) shade, Vanilla. I believe there are 8 shades in the range and best of all each one contains an SPF 20, gotta love a foundation with SPF! I would definitely recommend this foundation, it's well priced and is perfect for everyday wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment