Saturday 5 March 2011

Pantene Pro V Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner


As strange as this sounds, I have always considered Pantene a dirty word. My mum has been warned off it by numerous hairdressers, one friend can't use it because it makes her hair greasy, another used it for years with no problems until it started making her hair dull and lifeless. I have shyed away from Pantene favouring other hair products, there are so many great brands out there - Aussie, Herbal Essences and Tresemme, to name but a few. Pantene always seemed a bit blah.

I have long, fine hair with oily roots. I am on a constant pursuit for volume, so when Pantene launched it's Aqua Light no weight shampoo and conditioner it sounded perfect for me. I hastily purchased two huge bottles when I saw them on a buy one get one free offer in Boots. 

Pantene say: The new Aqua Light shampoo cleanses from root to tip rinsing off in seconds. Free of silicone and other heavy ingredients, it nourishes hair leaving a fresh, clean and light feeling.

I was really hoping for something special with these products, sadly I didn't get it. The scent is faintly apple-ly, but mainly smells like chemicals. On first impression, they made my hair lovely and soft and seemed to clean well enough. However a couple of hours after drying I noticed my roots became oily very quickly - it's never attractive when your fringe becomes limp and separates! Far from voluminous, my hair was left feeling weighed down and greasy.

Nothing about these products feels luxurious, they leave my hair feeling coated and weighed down, and the smell is far from anything special. I will be returning to the lovely scents of Herbal Essences and Aussie asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment