Saturday 8 January 2011

Products I'm Loving

A little collection of products I love at the moment...

Batiste Brit...buy it for the scent!

I don't think I could live without dry shampoo, it's such a cheap and effective way to refresh your hair between washes...a godsend when you have long locks like moi. I have tried various other brands of dry shampoo, but with Batiste doing such a fine job and costing a mere £2, why bother with high end products?
When I first started using Batiste, there was only the original version available, but with the rising popularity of dry shampoo came more fragrances. The latest offering is Brit, which is exclusive to Superdrug and costs £2.13 a bottle. Firstly, I love the fragrance!! Definitely the nicest smelling Batiste product out there, the scent reminds me of Chloe by Chloe. It refreshed my roots just as well as any other Batiste product does, but as usual you have to watch you blend it in well or you run the risk of having grey-looking hair.
The thing I love most about Brit is that the scent was long lasting and my hair smelt great all day! This replaces Diva as my favourite Batiste product, I will definitely be repurchasing!

Glycerin and Rosewater Toner - lovely stuff!

A classic rosewater toner from the traditional skin care range at Boots. I use this all over my face, including on my eyes to remove eye make-up, as you can see I have already made my way through a quarter of the bottle since Christmas. The product is described as toning and moisturising and as a result does leave my skin feeling tacky, this doesn't bother me as I only use the product at night. The old-school bottle is very cute looking and has a handy top which means you can control the amount of product you use. The toner smells like roses....mmm turkish delight! I would definitely buy again, it's a lovely gentle toner and leaves my skin feeling clean, refreshed and soothed rather than tight, dry or oily.


Merged Baked Blusher in Pretty Pink
Shimmery pinky, lilacy marble-ness
Lightly swatched - top, heavily swatched - bottom (please excuse my veiny wrist!)

This product is so pretty! My first purchase from the Accessorize make up range, I think it cost around £5. Pretty pink is a light pink colour with peach and lilac shimmer marbled through it, the product looks more shimmery on the skin than pink. I personally cannot get enough of glowy, shimmery looking blushers so this is right up my street, but the colour pay off might not be adequate for those die hard blusher fans. This product would be perfect to use as a highlight, but I have worn it alone everyday since purchasing and it gives me a light pinky-peachy glow. I will definitely be checking out more of the Accessorize range next time I'm in Superdrug, very pretty packaging and decent sized products.


Magic golden tube of wonder

My absolute favourite mascara ever! No clumping, no flaking, just gorgeous dark lashes. I haven't used it for a while as my mum kept buying me mascaras (lovely mum!)....Maybelline falsies (hate - caused dry itchy eyes - gave it to my sister in the end), and Revlon Grow Longer (nice mascara with huuuage wand, but bad flaking), so I was overjoyed to find my faithful Masterpiece mascara in my Christmas stocking. I don't have to worry about having panda eyes anymore, yay!

I popped into Superdrug today in the hopes of snagging a Sleek molten metal cream duo, but they were all sold out. I'll just have to make do with the ridiculous amounts of make up I already own 'til I can get my grubby paws on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment