Sunday 2 January 2011

Lush Review: Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Melt

mmm....giant pink marshmallow!

Product: Mmm Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Melt from Lush, price £3.50 for one.

What Lush says: Slow-melting, musky marvel. MMM melts into a pink, fluffy waterbed of marshmallow and moisturising cocoa butter. Each Melting Marshmallow Moment is made with marshmallow herb, which produces a sweet, skin-soothing mucilage and marigold, which is equally calming for your skin.

I have been using Lush products for many years but generally stuck to bath ballistics, soaps and face masks. I decided to pop a few Lush products on my Christmas list this year and was very happy to receive the Marshmallow Melt in my Christmas stocking.

This bath melt is a gorgeous pink colour and looks, well.....like a giant pink marshmallow. The Lush website states the ingredients include cocoa butter, marshmallow herb, chamomile and marigold. Unfortunately I am utter rubbish at placing scents, so all I can really say is it smelt gorgeous! The scent was sweet without being too overpowering or sickly. The smell mainly reminded me of sherbet, fruit salad chew sweets and the scented baby toys I had when i was younger. 

Being the first bath melt I had used I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Some reviews on the Lush website suggested breaking the product into two to get more use out of it. I decided to do this, mainly because I wanted a Lush bath on Christmas morning and being in a bit of a rush, I thought I'd save the rest of the product for a later date. Whilst the texture of the bath melt is chalky and crumbly I warn you, it's pretty tricky to break in half!

Popping half the melt in my bath it took a good 5 minutes for the product to dissolve completely. As the product slowly fizzed it emitted a pink scum (for want of a better term) which slowly turned white. I was hoping the melt would turn my bath water a pretty shade of pink, however it only succeeded in turning the water a murky white colour, which was disappointing. Post bath my skin felt lovely and soft, I was sad that the smell did not linger on my skin.....I wanted to smell like a marshmallow!

Verdict: Disappointed that this product didn't seem to do much, although that may be more to do with me being a cheapskate and trying to eek it out over 2 baths! I probably would repurchase but I have a long list of Lush products I would rather try out over this. Next time I would definitely use the whole product in one bath to see if it had a bigger impact on the colour of the water and the strength of the scent. Overall, a lovely smelling, girly product which left my skin feeling baby soft, but for now I still prefer the ballistics which make bath time something really special!

No comments:

Post a Comment