Sunday 23 January 2011

Black Swan


I had been waiting all month for the release of Black Swan, so I was pleased to finally have the chance to watch it on Friday night. 
The film charts the breakdown of Nina Sayers (Natalie Portman) who lands the lead role in a production of Swan Lake. The film manages to be beautiful and horrifying at the same time. It is well shot, if not uncomfortable to watch, I would classify it as a horror/thriller...there are some real jumpy moments!
The ballet costumes, designed by Marchesa, are stunning and Natalie Portman gives the performance of her life. You would never know she wasn't a professional dancer, I'm going to be keeping my fingers crossed that she will win the Best Actress Oscar!
I would recommend this film to anyone who enjoys a good thriller, don't be put off by the ballet content....it isn't an easy watch...go see if you don't mind a bit of blood and gore.


I came across these art deco style posters and had to include them!





No comments:

Post a Comment