Monday 19 December 2011

Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect


Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect, £9.49, Superdrug

This is the first Bourjois foundation I have tried, the 10 hour sleep effect appealed to me as my skin is often super dull when I'd much prefer it to be radiant looking. First off, I hate the packaging of this product, the plastic bottle feels very cheap and the pump of my bottle broke after a couple of uses so I had to decant it into another container. I chose shade 71 Abricote Clair which is the lightest shade available, I'd say it is a teeny tiny bit too orange toned for my skin but nothing a bit of blending can't sort out. 

The formula of this is very liquidy but the runny consistency makes it very easy to apply and blend into the skin. I think this foundation is fantastic for 'pepping up' the skin, it does a great job of evening out skintone and making your skin look more awake and dewy. That being said, this is a radiance-boosting foundation and the glowy effect produced is accompanied by a somewhat oily looking t-zone (despite the foundation being oil free). I find to wear this foundation my combination skin needs a good dusting of powder to prevent my nose looking like an oil slick after a few hours wear.

I'd say this foundation is medium coverage, a concealer is needed for any imperfections, it also lasts pretty well throughout the day apart from making my t zone appear slightly oily. This foundation smells lovely and isn't too badly priced at £9.49 for 30ml. I'm not in love with foundation and feel it's perhaps not brilliant for my skin type but will continue to use it until I run out. I'm really keen to try some of the other Bourjois foundations, especially healthy mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment