Saturday 5 November 2011

Barry M Dazzle Dust in Tan


Barry M Dazzle Dust in Tan 39 £4.50, Boots

I really do love the Barry M Dazzle Dust pots they come in a range of beautiful colours, are highly pigmented and for such a teeny tiny pot you get loads of product.

In general I tend to shy away from loose powders as I find them 'faffier' to apply compared to a regular packed eyeshadow - or maybe I'm just lazy? An open pot of loose powder has to be handled carefully, I learnt this the hard way when I dropped this very pot of powder all over my bed! Application of a Dazzle Dust can be a slightly messy affair as loose powder tends to create a tonne of fall out, this can be overcome with careful brush application and a tissue under the eye to pick up any excess shadow. 

The colours in the Barry M loose eyeshadow range are beautiful and come in a huge spectrum of bright, vivid and metallic colours, with such an affordable price tag I really should own a lot more than I do. I chose Tan as I'd previously heard it was a good dupe off Mac's All That Glitters (love a good drugstore dupe!) and the natural golden/bronze colour really appealed to me as neutral eyes are my favourite.

The colour itself is a warm, shimmery tan which I think would suit any eye colour and complexion but works particularly well on blue and green eyes. The shadow is very shimmery, I've included a swatch without flash and with flash so you can see how it catches the light. I think this shade is perfect for everyday wear due to its neutral tone.

Without flash

With flash

I was disappointed to find the product creased on my eyes....a lot more than I expected. I imagine this can be overcome by using a bit of Urban Decay Primer Potion, or any other decent eye primer before application. I also find that you have to be careful when using a make up brush to apply this product as the bristles pick up a lot of product, the trick is to blend well and apply with a light hand as the powder is very pigmented. 

Buying this product has reintroduced me into the world of loose eyeshadow and I'm definitely keen to go back and buy a few more colours. For such a cheap price and fantastic colour pay off the Dazzle Dusts are pretty nifty products and last ages, I'm yet to finish a pot.

Can I also just say Happy 5th November! Hope you're all enjoying some spectacular fireworks! x

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm tempted to try this :) Happy 5th of November to you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, they have so many nice colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm i very rarely use losse eyeshadows for the very same reasons but i love the colour of this so may be tempted :D

    www.missmathful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They can be annoying, but it's very pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete