Tuesday 15 February 2011

Topshop Cream Blush Neon Rose

Topshop Neon Rose £6


heavily swatched - top, lightly swatched - bottom

Neon Rose is the second cream blush I have purchased from the Topshop range, the first being Butterscotch. I normally gravitate towards pale pinks or nude tone blushers, but when I spied this colour it made me long for a healthy, flushed look and I promptly snapped one up.

Neon Rose is a pinky coloured blush with peachy, coral undertones, applied to the skin it gives a warm flush of colour. The consistency can feel quite greasy in the pan, but when applied it blends into the skin beautifully giving a cream to powder finish. I was initially worried that I would be left with greasy cheeks, luckily the formula is very blendable, giving a more or less weightless finish.

This product is well pigmented, and a little bit goes a long way. On pale skin like mine, only a minimal amount is needed for good colour pay off, the colour is buildable and more can be used to give a stronger look. Whilst it gives my skin a peachy flush, I imagine the coral tones in the blush would be perfect on olive/tanned skin and look stunning when worn in summer.

I find cream blushers are very easy to apply, I generally just use my fingers or sometimes a sponge. I predominantly use this colour on my cheeks, but it also looks lovely when worn on the lips. I find that the consistency, which works oh so well as a blusher, is actually very drying on the lips, so combining with a lip balm or alternative moisturising lip product is a must.

These are the first cream blushers I have tried and I am very impressed. Buy these blushers if you are looking for a well pigmented product that leaves a natural, dewy finish. These cream blushers have pretty good staying powder and are reasonably priced at £6. I'm pretty sure this won't be the last Topshop cream blush I purchase, I've already got my eye on Flush.

No comments:

Post a Comment